Educator Resource Guides
- Adult Classes
- Art Making
- Docent Program
- Education Center
- Gallery Tours
- Himalayan Art
- Himalayan Heritage
- K-12 Schools
- Professional Development
- Staff Connections
- University Audiences
- Visitor Experience
- Week in Review
- Mala-making and handmade beads - Materials for the Arts on Celebrate Mother’s Day at Family Sundays!
- Drew Rampersaud on Family Day: Festival of Lights!
- Bill Appleton on Welcome Bill Appleton-Director of Education and Visitor Experience
- Morgan on Welcome Bill Appleton-Director of Education and Visitor Experience
- Laura on John Jay Essayists Make Their Mark
- Rubin Museum of Art Terms and Conditions Our Copyright Terms and Conditions
Subscribe by Email
Tag Archives: prayer beads
Celebrate Mother’s Day at Family Sundays!
This Sunday, May 11th, is a day for celebrating our mothers. Since Sundays are officially a day for families here at the Rubin Museum, we thought Family Sundays would be the perfect opportunity to bring mom to the Museum and to do … Continue reading
Posted in Art Making, Education Center, Exhibitions, Family, Gallery Tours, Himalayan Art Tagged Art, Art Making, beading, beads, child, children, community, count your blessings, Education, Education Center, Families, Family, family learning, Family Sundays, feel deeply, Gallery, kids, look deeply, mala, Mother's Day, prayer beads, storytelling, sunday, sundays, think deeply 1 Comment
Bead Dazzle at Saturday Family Art Labs!
Last Saturday afternoon at Family Art Labs we took an in depth look at prayer beads from around the world through an exploration of the exhibition, Count Your Blessings: The Art of Prayer Beads in Asia. Following our exploration, we … Continue reading
Posted in Art Making, Education Center, Exhibitions, Family, Himalayan Art, Museums Tagged Art Making, bead dazzle, beading, count your blessings, Education, Education Center, Families, Family, Family Art Labs, family learning, feel deeply, Gallery, jewelry, look deeply, mala, prayer beads, think deeply Comments Off on Bead Dazzle at Saturday Family Art Labs!